Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Seminar of Finalist International Essay Contest of SEAMEO as International Education Organization of ASEAN

Name               : Muhammad Richsan Yamin
College            : State University of Makasssar
Address           : Kompleks Hartako Indah (Dg. Tata)  Blok 2G No 28 Makassar
Phone              : (+62) 85242685175 
THE BEST EXPERIENCE OF SEA – TEACHER
"Southeast Asian Minister of Education Organization" 
      Assalamualaikum wr,wb. My best respect for all the alumni of Sea-Teacher Project In Southeast Asia united by SEAMEO Program. I m Muhammad Richsan Yamin and Suwat (สุวัฒน์) is my Thaid name, comes from Makassar of south sulawesi from State University of Makassar as the alumnus of 2nd batch of Sea-Teacher Project and was at Damrongratsongkroh school Chiang Rai, under the supervision of Chiang Rai Rajabhat University, Chiang Rai Thailand.  As the student university which had been followed Sea-Teacher Project held by SEAMEO was the amazing moment ever that I felt at that time, with that date on 16th July 2016, my stories begin. I felt sometimes that I have made my best history in my life, when the moment my college gave information at the time about SEAMEO project in Southeast Asia, many students Interested with that program, but unfortunately, About more then 50 students were registering their selves to follow that program, but only 12 students selection will follow that program, I said “are you kidding me now” the moment when I heard that, my motivation more become crazy, however, I should be the 12 students selection. I remember when I was still teenager with status of junior high school, I m still save well my dream that in one day, with my efforts I deserve to allow in International program and teach people outhere, that’s way I never make my mouth to say give up and always train my brain to think and my mouth to saying “do not just dream but resposible to make it real is better” the one my motivation word that motivates me, I just hope to make my self-be better and bring my big Nation Indonesia outhere if I deserve to allow in International programs.
      For the best experience moment was recorded such as teaching activities, I got a lot of best moments on that teaching experience, but first time at the moment,  lucky I was teaching at upper secondary school means I teach like my major is Biology. The first time when Ms Nok and Mr Trawat our host that people from Chiang Rai Rajabhat University (CRRU) talk to us when the first meeting moment at the office affairs at CRRU, that they will pick up us early in the morning around 07:00 am, and take us based on our school for Teaching Practice, Lucky for twice, I got Damrongratsongkroh school, our host said to me and my friend irhaz that, you are very lucky because damrongratsongkroh school is girls school, means most of there many girls then boys, I laugh with my friend, perhaps because we are the only handsome boys from Indonesia and the student will look at us, a joke for me and my friend. For the very first time look at to the school when our host takes us to the school, it was so wonderful not because the girl students, its because that school was big and nice. Some students, Teachers, staff and headmaster of the school stand up and welcome us to the school, and that time, teaching activities history begin. I was teaching about biology subject for some days in a week, the moment for the first time I saw the lesson plan of Thailand, it's simply lesson plan but I should make it perfect before teach my students, I got the 2nd grade for teaching biology. I still save the best memory when tomorrow is my first time to teach, in the evening, I m trying to prepare my lesson plan and others material subject, but before that, I listen to the national anthem of my nation Indonesia, believe or not, it was so different listen to that song, but it made myself at the time more grow my motivation, because the moment when people will giving appreciate to me, they will look at my nation too that I came from Indonesia. I m trying to make innovated in my learning material, and it should make the student interest to the lesson. In the morning before teaching time, I take time to bought coffee, because I like coffee and the second reason because I started to startled, I just trying to make myself quiet and suggest my mind that everything will be okay, then the teaching process was successful, its more then on my expectations, alhamdulillah. For all the teaching experience I m trying to make myself more motivated with listening to my national anthem before do my lesson plan and others subject material support, then the classroom, I was trying to make my students with showed them and did brain gym before teach began, and sometimes I made joke with trying to speak Thaid to them, they laugh because my accent speak Thaid language was funny, its my way to make my teaching process runs well. Beside teaching formal at the class, sometime English teacher at the school asking me to help her teaching English, the best moment too when I try to teach them how to speak in good accent, because you know, they weak in mention “R”, beside that I help the teacher too to help him train their students to follow the science competition.
        I know very well at the first time my host said that I will teach in International school, but the problem that occured at the moment at my class, most of student still weak in speak english, the way I solved the problem was simply, because the students sit in groups, and before my teaching process began, I m asking them who can help me to become my translator, then some students rise their hands, then I divided the students which rise their hand as my translator to one group for one translator, because they will help me to translate my explanation in Thaid languange to their friends if they a little dont undrestand in english, so my teaching process runs effectively and I used my methode for the next teaching, its so help me and the students because my students translator can help their friends in group to translate my explanation even if only one or more then one sentence. That method too was inspiring me to make a new model in teaching and I have made the design of that model if I continue my study in magister degree. The next problem occurs was about humanity problems, if I observed at the morning because I teach at the first time in the morning, I found some students were sleepy, and again, it would not be effective learning, the way I solved the problem by giving them brain gym, we did interested gym, some movements to active all their cells before study, then don't forget, I m trying to motivate them, and of course use the simple English. Then the way to don’t make students become bored because always use that method, I m trying to make my material subject likes learning video more interested, and giving them others gym movements before they do the task after my explanation. As the note, I always try to innovate my ways to solve the problem.  
Besides those activities, I and my friend irhaz was invited to attend an International seminar at Chiang Mai, Thailand, the teacher and staff of the damrongratsongkroh school were invited us. The seminar talked about the future education of Thailand, and the moment when the speaker allowed the participants to asked any question, I made my own question and I presented in front of the participants came for other countries. Perhaps the speaker was interested in my question and compare it with Indonesian education, the speaker asked me to take pictures at the end of the seminar, it was so good moment, I was so happy for their appreciate and proud of myself and proud to my nation Indonesia.
        About a month I and my friends from different college and island were together, many stories joy and sorrow we got. I know when the first time I came to this Country, I know that we are the minority, but I am grateful because people here are welcome to us even they are Buddhist and we are Muslim. Two days ago after the first time came to this school, it’s hard to find place for me and my friends to take prayer, but the good things that, the teacher there were prepared special place for me and my friends to take prayer at the school, even at the moment the teacher took a picture of us when we take prayer, I really undrestand that moment but the good things that I can learn, they respect to us even we are so different belief but we are united and together and looking after us, they always make sure that we always save in their country. 



The Winner of this International Contest was:

1st Winner : Mr. Ahlo Yersaw  From PhranakonRajabhat University (Thailand)  

2nd Winner: Mr. Muhammad Richsan Yamin From (Indonesia)

3rd Winner: Ricky A. Varona  From  Quezo Blvd, Bayambang, Pangasinan University (Filipina).
  








No comments:

Post a Comment

Seminar of Finalist International Essay Contest of SEAMEO as International Education Organization of ASEAN

Name               : Muhammad Richsan Yamin College            : State University of Makasssar Address           : Kompleks Hartako Ind...